Thursday, September 11, 2008
Video and Podcast Optimization Session at Philly PodCamp 2008
Philly PodCamp was a great event, the horrible weather didn't stop all the social media enthusiasts from gathering in Tuttleman Learning Center at Temple University in Philadelphia .
I attended a few sessions and one the first one was "Universal Search, Podcasts & Video" by Li Evans.
Li talked about tips and tricks on how to optimize your video and podcast for search engines.
The Basic Video and Audio Optimization Rules are:
1. Select relevant and eye-catching title
2. Put important keywords in the title if it will be a part of your URL
3. Tag videos properly on video sharing sites
4. SEO your video description just like you would SEO your webpage and make sure you 5. Always provide pod/video transcript and make sure you optimize it for your keywords, include header tags and do your usual SEO spiel.
6. Provide people with a code so they can embedd your video easily to their blogs/sites
7. Give your video some link juice - link to it from all your web properties if you can
8. Use hyphens as opposed to underscores or + signs for video file names
9. Use multiple feeds for multiple file types (mp3, wav, etc)
10. Create and submit Google Video Site Map
11. Use automatic submission site like TubeMogul.